Three Years, Five Months

Jay and I are still eating Paleo/Primal. I went for a check-up the other day, and the digital scale weighed me in at 125 lbs. (I have stopped weighing myself at home after 40 some years of weighing every morning). Our weight is holding steady.

We had been eating lunch out a lot lately, so a couple of weeks ago we decided to cut that back to once a week, and spend the saved money at Whole Foods on grass-fed beef, wild caught salmon, chicken, and red wine. We just polished off a leftover lunch of salmon and braised kale with carrots.

We both gained a few pounds some months ago, and attributed it to the massive amounts of heavy cream we were putting in our coffee, daily. We switched to half-and-half, and the pounds promptly dropped off.

I was happy to see Paleo Magazine for the first time at Whole Foods, yesterday, and bought a copy. It has expanded and improved since it was initially published, and it's a lovely magazine. I hope to see it in other grocery stores at some point.

Gary Taubes has a new article in Scientific American. I will be interested to see the results of the study he discusses, although I already have a pretty good idea of how it's going to turn out.