Sunday Grill Supper

Last night's supper consisted of Bourbon Salmon from Fresh Market and mixed vegetables on the grill, watermelon and blackberries, and my favorite squash recipe.

To get the sqishy consistency I like in my squash, I usually cook it for hours in a frying pan. To see if I could speed up the process and retain the flavor, I tried the pressure cooker. It worked - delicious squishy squash in less than an hour.




Pressure Cooker Squash

5-10 summer squash, depending on size, chopped
1 onion
2-3 slices of bacon
Sea salt
Pepper

Start cooking the bacon in the bottom of the pressure cooker with the lid off while chopping the vegetables. Add squash, onion, salt and pepper to the pot. Bring to pressure and cook 15 minutes. Cool pressure cooker. Stir and serve immediately, or transfer to a stovetop pan and continue cooking until juices are reduced.

Labels: ,