Paleo Pressure Cooker Chili


We were out of town before the super bowl - arriving home shortly before the kickoff - and I needed to cook some good, hot chili, fast. So I got out the pressure cooker and made this batch in less than an hour. It's the first time I've made chili in a pressure cooker. The flavors were well blended and the stew beef fell apart on my fork. If I hadn't been in such a rush, I would have cooked it down for maybe 1/2 hour more after it was done. But the juices were so good we were slurping them up with a spoon. This is pretty hot - adjust jalapenos and Tabasco to taste.

Paleo Pressure Cooker Chili

2 lbs stew beef
1 lb hot sausage
1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
1 tiny can green chilies
1 tiny can chopped jalapenos
1 sweet onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
3 T chili powder
1 T cumin
1 T vinegar
3 T chicken broth
Tabasco

If you eat dairy, sprinkle with cheddar and top with sour cream.

Salt to taste.

Brown sausage in pressure cooker bottom. Add stew beef and brown. Drain if you like (I didn't). Add chopped onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with Tabasco - amount depending on how hot you like your chili.

Put the lid on the pressure cooker. Heat on high heat until pressure is reached. Cook for 25 minutes at pressure. Remove from stove and let pressure release on it's own. Serve immediately.

Labels: , ,