Paleo Pressure Cooker Beef Stew


This is a little video of the pressure regulator gently rocking on the top of my pressure cooker. You can download instruction manuals for Presto pressure cookers on their website.

I'm obsessed with my pressure cooker. This is the third day I've cooked a savory main dish with a cook time of 15 to 25 minutes. Sunday, it was chili. Monday, it was Thai chicken (I'll post on that later). Last night was beef stew. I adapted this recipe from food.com. It's fun to find a recipe and modify it for Paleo. I've put an asterisk * next to my modifications.

The savory beef stew was delicious, filling, and the stew beef was fall-apart-on-your-fork tender.


Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil *
1 1/2 lbs stew beef *
3 garlic cloves, chopped *
1 large onion, chopped
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
4 ribs celery, peeled and cut into chunks
3 large turnips, peeled and cut into chunks *
Sea salt * and pepper
3 tablespoons fresh parsley *
1 can organic diced tomatoes *
1/2 cup beef broth *
1/2 cup red wine *

Cut beef into 1 inch chunks. Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker until hot and add meat - brown for about 5 minutes, stirring.

Add chopped garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add onions, carrots, celery, turnips, salt, pepper, parsley, beef broth, and wine.

Bring to pressure over high heat.

Cook 15 minutes.

Let pot cool on its own, and serve.